NAIROBI, KENYA: Monday, December 15, 2014
IEBC has completed verifying signatures on petition for dissolution of Makueni County Government. 41,123 signatures or 13.78% of registered voters were confirmed. The petitioners have therefore fulfilled the legal threshold of 10% of the registered voters in the county as stipulated in the County Government Act section 123 (2).
- Total Registered Voters in Makueni County - 298,474
- Total Number of actual signatures verified - 51,005
- Total number of signature Confirmed as Registered Voters in the County - 41,123
- The number of signatures rejected - 9,882
- Percentage of the confirmed registered Voters - 13.78%
IEBC has forwarded the verification report to the Office of the President for further action.